We’re Hiring: Summer Event Support
JOB OPPORTUNITY – Summer Event Support
The Red Deer Business Association is seeking an enthusiastic post-secondary student or recent graduate to assist with our summer event season.
Why Downtown? We serve approximately 500 businesses and property owners in the Downtown by showcasing unique, local experiences to visitors and residents and creating an inviting environment for thriving commerce. This position will provide the successful applicant the opportunity to connect to residents, business owners and our municipality through fun and rewarding events and initiatives. In addition, this position will help the successful candidate to develop skills in the following areas:
- Assist with the development and coordination of all DBA events including Live Music on the Ross Street Patio and the Downtown Farmer’s Market
- Organize and support event partners, vendors and performing artists
- Conceptualize and develop new programs and activities
Marketing and Social Media Management
- Creation and distribution of promotional material on an as-needed basis(i.e., media releases)
- Updating content of the DBA website through a CMS interface
- Social media (including Facebook, Instagram, TikTok) management and content creation
- Supporting and directing visitors and calls to the office
- Electronic file management(i.e., updating our web-based business database)
Who should apply? Experience in Events and Marketing is not required; however, post-secondary education in the humanities (i.e., Sociology, Social Work), Business, Marketing and Political Science will be considered a strong asset. The successful applicant will have the following competencies and attributes:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
Compensation: $16-18 Per Hour
Contract length: Approximately 4 months (until September 2023)
- Submit resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.
- Please include three references.
- Deadline for application is May 1st, 2023.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.