Summer Student Opportunity
The Red Deer Downtown Business Association is seeking an upbeat individual to provide reception duties and support to the Marketing and Event Coordinators for a fixed period. This position will provide the successful applicant the opportunity to develop skills in the following areas:
- Answering the phone in a professional manner, transferring calls and taking messages
- Greeting guests when they arrive at the office
- Electronic filing and other office-related tasks
- Maintenance of reception area
- Providing support to the Executive Director
- Assist with the development and coordination of DBA and/or downtown events as required
- Assist Events Coordinator in set up of events
- During events, all DBA staff are required to participate with an ‘all hands-on deck’ approach
Marketing and External Communications
- Assist with distribution of content for marketing initiatives
- Establish participants of marketing initiatives
Social Media Management
- Social media (including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram) management as required to connect with DBA members, local partners, supporters, performing artists, and to promote DBA programs and events. Responding to general inquiries
Other duties as assigned.
Start Date: Immediate
This will be a part-time position that will require a flexible schedule on Tuesdays, Wednesday’s and Thursdays.
Application Process: Interested candidates are asked to provide a cover letter, resumé, and 3 references.
- In-person: Downtown Business Association #120, 5009 50 Ave, Red Deer AB T4N 4B2
- By email: email@example.com
Application deadline: August 21, 2020
Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.